Traditional large horizontal machine tools are typically built as a structure with a moving column. When operating, machines of this design are at high vertical positions, the static and dynamic rigidity of the machine is inevitably compromised. Deep machining operations are achieved through the use of a ram, which however when extended likewise loses rigidity and the effects of gravity can cause accuracy issues. The end user is therefore limited to choosing the most conservative cutting parameters and dynamic settings, in order to ensure that the operation is conducted correctly at every point of the component. This naturally implies a loss in terms of the overall efficiency of the system.
How to overcome this limitation?
In order to avoid the situation described above and to guarantee the best rigidity of the machine, Camozzi Machine Tools was able to find a solution with a movement mechanism which ensures high and constant levels of stock removal, dynamics and accuracy.
Camozzi machine tools was able to design and realize a solution based on an innovative machine structure which ensure high chip removal rate, high dynamics and tight accuracy constant in the whole working volume. During the webinar our specialist will explain the technical details which allowed us to produce a machine – the PowerMax - capable of ensuring maximum efficiency, reducing TCO and saving energy and CO2 emissions
Key Learning Objectives
- Reduce operating costs and production times especially in the aeronautical and industrial sector
- Ensure high and constant levels of stock removal, dynamics and accuracy.
- machine titanium , aluminium or both materials with best results
- Aerospace Project Manager
- Aerospace Program Manager
- Aerospace Project Engineer
- Aerospace Tooling Engineer
- Aerospace Process Engineer
- Aerospace Engineer
- Material Engineer
- R&D Engineer
- R&D Director
- Heads of Research and Development
- C Levels
- Project Managers
- Innovation Managers