Europe is marching towards its ambitious target of net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050. We know that renewable energy will play a leading role in achieving this goal, with wind and solar dominating the future energy mix.
As weather dependent renewable sources gain traction in the electricity market, the weather is becoming a major influencer on supply and demand dynamics with a knock-on effect on electricity market prices and revenue uncertainty. For example, due to the impact of inter-year weather variations, a typical wind farm might see an annual revenue fluctuation of up to 30%.
The weather may seem to complicate the energy markets puzzle, but it’s really just an additional piece. When you’re able to see the bigger picture, it’s possible to comprehend the impact of weather variations on electricity markets and allay the uncertainty of their future revenues.
If you’re an investor or renewable asset operator, you won’t want to miss this webinar. Join us for a detailed analysis of the potential impacts that weather variability can impose on electricity markets in Europe. Here are a few of the topics we’ll cover:
- What will the European Union’s “Fit for 55” package mean for electricity sector targets?
- How has weather variation impacted electricity markets in Europe recently?
- What is the scale of weather-driven inter-year change in renewable generation and electricity demand?
- How will the weather variation impact future electricity prices and your potential revenues?
- MD/Director/VP/Head of Origination Team
- MD/Director/VP/Head of Investments
- MD/Director/VP/Head of Market Analysis
- MD/Director/VP/Head Renewables
- MD/Director/VP/Head of Structured Finance
- MD/Director/VP/Head of Trading