Utility companies need to create more energy as quickly as possible, while facing an increasing risk of cyberattacks and sabotage. Compromised data or loss of service for electric, water, or gas for even just a short time can paralyze a community or organization. Unfortunately, this is more fact than fiction in today’s world. To mitigate these risks, many utility companies are rethinking their control room setup, connecting local with central control rooms, upgrading existing control rooms, incorporating more information (more plants, access control, and adding video feeds to monitor their facilities’ security).
In this webinar, expert speakers will describe solutions for the many challenges today’s utility companies face in the control room. Explained in detail, and illustrated by real-world use cases and interactive application diagrams, you will learn how to leverage:
- Cybersecurity: IP product solutions for isolating, or separating, secure networks
- Failsafe operation through redundant links and power circuits, error-free failover
- Solutions for consolidating multiple control rooms’ operations and visualizing processes
- Increased situational awareness when monitoring a huge amount of information
- Accessing a variety of distributed and critical servers
Register for this webinar to learn more about mitigating risks and streamlining operations in the utilities’ control room.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Understanding how a cohesive control room environment with possible configurations ranging from point-to-point, matrix, IP-based matrix, to WAN connectivity local with central control room positions a utility company to operate at maximum efficiency
- Visualization and virtualization: Managing and organizing the huge amount of information on the screens
- Creating the optimal user experience – Easy-to-use, instant switching for fast response times
- How to apply learnings from real-world use cases to your specific application
- Gathering recommendations for trending product solutions: virtualization, IP, and VR systems
- Realizing benefits: cost-efficient, expand as you grow, license-sharing, space-saving to address mission-critical applications